Welcome to Alternative Personal Training
My name is Michael Lloyd-Billington and I'm a Certified Integral Yoga Instructor (Levels I, II & III) and personal trainer with over 25 years' experience in the health & fitness fields. I've had the pleasure of helping thousands of people of all ages and fitness achieve better health and vitality. I offer one-on-one support for individuals looking for a simple, balanced approach to greater energy, wellness & over-all fitness.
In addition to my commitment to fitness & nutrition, I believe our state of mind is equally important for a healthy, balanced life. I have been a teacher of meditation & Eastern philosophy for over 28 years and currently serve as the primary instructor in several teacher training programs. I currently offer one-on-one guidance for those who'd like to learn more about how the teachings of Yoga can help them experience greater peace and clarity in their lives....
Health & Fitness Coaching
We all know fitness and health impact every area of our lives, including our energy, our mood, and even our outlook. And yet we often settle for less-than-ideal health because we think we don't have the time or need a room full of equipment to be healthy.
Over the years, I've learned that you can experience exceptional health & fitness all with very little time and equipment -- if you are exercising the right way :)! I can help you build a routine you can do in the comfort of your home with a minimum of time and equipment. You can gain strength, stability, stamina, and energy to live the life you want to live....
Even those of us who do exercise regularly often experience less health & vitality than we'd like. Again, with over 25 years' experience, I've learned how the various pieces of our exercise program and lifestyle fit together and can help you find the simplest, most balanced approach to health & wellness that fits your goals and life-situation.
Experience a Fitness Program That Is....
- Fast: You'll experience exceptional fitness in as little 30 minutes a day, four times a week -- all by exercising in the way that naturally fits your body....
- Simple: Easy-to-follow routines you can do on your own -- no elaborate schemes that take longer to remember than they do to perform :)!
- Balanced: Enhance all areas of health & fitness, including flexibility, strength, core stability, energy, and endurance.
- Convenient: Workouts you can do without a trip to the gym or yoga studio.
- Customized: Match your goals, your interests, and your pace.
- Friendly & Supportive: Answers to your questions from a teacher & trainer who has helped people of all ages and fitness backgrounds. Whether you're new to working out or returning after a period of focusing on other areas of your life, I can help you find the best approach for you....
My Fitness Philosophy
I believe when it comes to health & fitness we'd all like to have three things: to have energy, to be physically capable, and to feel comfortable in our bodies. I can offer you an incredibly simple but effective system for developing all three of these in a balanced manner.
Of course, that much said, we all have different priorities. If your main goal is to lose weight, put on muscle, or simply have more energy, I can help you make that change. With personalized training you can build a program that's tailored to your body and to your needs. Based on your interests and goals, training can include:
- Optimal Cardiovascular Health & Endurance: Learn the fastest ways to build endurance and energy while reducing wear and tear on your body. You'll burn more fat and build stamina in far less time than with conventional training -- just 20 minutes a day 2-3 times a week.
- Functional Strength Training: True strength and stability with a minimum of equipment -- as little as a single dumbbell. Learn simple, effective routines that don't require a trip to the gym or memorizing complex programs. If you've wanted to get stronger but have been turned off by conventional weight-lifting, I can teach you a refreshingly simple and powerful approach -- again, in just 20 minutes a few times a week.
- Personalized Yoga: Develop a simple, easy-to-follow practice that fits your body and one that you can do in the comfort of your home. Get answers to your questions from an experienced teacher who has worked with all ages & backgrounds....
- Better Nutrition: (including vegetarian, vegan, raw foods, and sports nutrition): Learn simple ways to improve your energy and general health, including practical steps for weight-loss, sports performance, or over-all wellness -- all at your own pace and without judgement or pressure....
- Supporting Practices: Learn complimentary approaches that can help you achieve your health and fitness goals, including breathwork, stress management, and mental training for sports performance.
Together, these pieces can lead to exceptional health & energy, but of course you can start with whatever is comfortable for you and fits your priorities, whether that's a few aspects of training or just one. Likewise, you can progress at your own pace and as far as you want to go....
In addition to health & fitness counseling, I also offer private guidance for those who'd like to learn more about how the philosophical teachings of Yoga can apply directly to issues in their personal lives. With over 28 years' experience as a teacher of meditation and Eastern philosophy, I can offer experienced guidance on how the teachings & techniques of Yoga can help you shift patterns in your life and experience greater peace & harmony. To learn more, please visit "Yoga Counseling" above...
Private, Couples' & Group Yoga
In addition to teaching numerous classes in the Fort Collins area, I also offer private, couples' & small-group classes in the privacy and convenience of your own home or place of business.
One-on-one instruction can be perfect for those who are a little hesitant about joining a studio class. With private guidance you can get answers to your questions and build a practice that fits your body.
In a couples' yoga session, you and your partner can learn how to gently support each other in helping your body to be more healthy and comfortable. If you have a partner who is new to yoga and hesitant to try a class, this can be a perfect opportunity -- all work is very gentle and self-paced with a focus on communication.
Finally, if you'd like to share yoga with friends, family, or co-workers, I also offer classes at your home, place of business, or community center. Whether a special event or a regular weekly offering, this can be a great way to share yoga with family or friends or co-workers.
Along with personal training & counseling, I offer a number of other services:
Yoga Teacher Support: I offer one-on-one support for teachers who'd like to deepen their understanding of Yoga philosophy and to build their own spirital practice. To learn more, please visit "Yoga Teacher Support," above.
Email/Distance Coaching: I offer fitness and dietary support via email for people out-of-state or those who simply need a little fine-tuning of their workout program or diet. Initial consultation is free. For more, please visit "Email/Distance Coaching," above.
Raw Foods & Cleansing/Detox Coaching: I offer experienced guidance for people interested in transitioning toward the raw foods lifestyle or cleansing and fasting in general and provide one-on-one support. To learn more, please call or email.